Used Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC Nikon/AF
- Large aperture of f2.8 throughout the entire zoom range
- Minimum focusing distance of 8″ & a maximum magnification factor of 1 to 3
- Aspherical lenses offer compact and lightweight construction
- SLD and ELD glasses offer excellent correction of color aberrations
- Designed to fit Nikon digital SLR cameras
Out of stock
The popular Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro Lens has now been improved with closer focusing capabilities – as close as 7.9″ (20 cm) – and has a maximum magnification rating of 1:3, ideal for close-up photography. This lens is exclusively designed to suit the characteristics of digital SLR cameras. The characteristics of digital SLR cameras were taken into consideration when designing the lens power layout. The advanced lens design corrects various aberrations. This lens provides the utmost correction against lateral chromatic aberration which is a serious problem for digital SLR cameras.
This lens is also specially coated to get the best color balance with a digital camera, while also cutting down flare and ghost caused by reflections from the digital image sensor and lens. It has correction for vignetting and superior peripheral brightness is ensured. Ideal as a standard quality zoom lens with added macro capability, this lens provides an equivalent range of approx. 28-80mm when used with a Nikon digital SLR camera (*).
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is made to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note: (*) Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or for any digital SLR camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size
- EX lens series denotes excellence of engineering and new technology
- Large aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire zoom range
- Correction for various types of aberration provided by one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element and two aspherical lenses
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces flare and ghosting from which digital cameras tend to suffer
- Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
“Like New Minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included. “Excellent Plus” – rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. Exceptionally nice, but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. Glass will be very clean. “Excellent” – 80 to 89 percent of original. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. Glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality. “Bargain” – items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. More than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. Glass may have marks or blemishes, but should not affect picture quality. “Ugly” – The look only a photographer would love. “UGLY” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. Glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality.