Used Lensbaby 3G Special Effects Lens for Canon/AF
|f/Stop Range||2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16 & 22|
|Focal Length||50mm (approx.)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||12″ (30 cm)|
|Lens Elements/Groups||2 glass elements|
|Length||3″ (6.7 cm) [adjustable]|
|Width||3″ (6.7 cm)|
|Weight||5.7 oz (161 g)|
Out of stock
The Lensbabies Lensbaby 3G works on the same principal as the Lensbaby 2.0, but also allows you to lock the lens into place once you have found your “sweet spot” of sharp focus and then to do fine focus adjustments. It is the ideal tool for photographers who require precise focusing, complete control, longer exposures, and repeatability.
When working with dynamic subject matter you can focus the Lensbaby 3G just like the Lensbaby 2.0 – by compressing and bending. For slower moving or static subject matter, you can lock the lens in place simply by pressing a button on the focusing collar. Then you can fine focus using a traditional barrel focusing ring and fine tune the tilt to place the sweet spot exactly where you want.
The Lensbaby is a hybrid between a bellows camera and a tilt-shift camera. The SLR lens can be compressed, extended, and/or bent off-center in any direction for different effect. It will add a unique perspective on the world that is a radical departure from the precision of digital or even film photography. It allows for selective focusing with SLR cameras. Effects like blurring, glowing highlights, and subtle, prismatic color distortions can all be achieved without software manipulations.
- The lens aperture can be changed by inserting different size magnetic aperture discs, with a choice of f/2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, and 22.
- The lens tubing is the part of the Lensbaby that allows you to control the effect that it gives. It can be compressed or extended by pulling or pushing the focusing collar at the end of the Lensbaby. This in turn controls what is in focus, with fully compressed focusing on infinity and full extended focusing about 1 foot ahead. To focus on subjects that are between these distances, you have to partly compress the Lensbaby.
- Compatible with all Canon EOS SLR cameras (manual focus only), as well as other brands that use the EOS lens mount system; e.g. Kodak DCS-1, DCS 520, & DCS 560.
Improvements over original Lensbaby model:
- Brighter: with added f/2.0 aperture setting
- Sharper: with coated, high refractive index, low dispersion optical glass
- Faster: shielded magnetic aperture disc system makes it easier and faster to change apertures
- Allows for fine focusing and adjustments, with lock-down mechanism
- Lens Cap
- Aperture Discs
“Like New Minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included.