Used Contax 645 w/80mm F2, AE Prism, & Film Back
- Type: 6 x 4.5cm format focal-plane shutter AF SLR
- Exposure-Control Modes: Aperture-priority auto exposure, shutter-speed-priority auto exposure, manual
- Lens Mount: Contax 645 bayonet
- Autofocus System: single autofocus (S) and continuous autofocus (C)
- Shutter: 32 sec. – 1/4000 sec. / Mechanical
- Metering: TTL spot metering (standard equipped.) Center-weighted average light metering (when prism finder is equipped)
- Film-speed Range: ISO 25 – 5000 on automatic and ISO 6 – 6400 on manual
- Mirror: mirrror-up
- Viewfinder: interchangeable TTL finder. 95% field of view
- Flash: TTl auto-flash AND pre-flash TTL automatic flash
- Film Advance: single or continuous (up to 1.6 fps)
- Power: One 2CR5 ^V-lithium battery
- Self Timer: electronic self-timer with 2 or 10 sec. delay
- Dimensions: 141 x 99 x 73 mm
- Weight: (WITHOUT battery:) 645g
1 in stock
- The Contax 645 is regarded as one of the best film medium format bodies ever created. It’s an AF (Autofocus) SLR camera designed to shoot incredible lenses on the 6×4.5cm format. Contax 645 lenses are designed by Zeiss, feature the legendary Carl Zeiss T* multi-coating, and produce images of exceptional color contrast and clarity. The body Contax 645 AF body offers a unqiue mixture of functionality not found elsewhere.
The 645 boasts many advanced features more often found on advanced 35mm SLRs while offering the better quality of medium format. The camera features TTL light metering and can be paired with a very bright prism or a waist-level finder. It features a maximum shutter speed of 1/4000th of a second and a flash sync speed of 1/125s as well as exposure compensation, auto bracketing, mirror lock-up, a built-in motor drive (1.6fps), and TTL flash metering capabilities with Contax compatible Flashes like the TLA-360. The body also features an innovative integrated pre-flash TTL metering system that works with practically any flash (including studio lights) by testing the flash output before the exposure. A 220 Vacuum Film Back is also available for those seeking the absolute flattest film plane possible.
True to Contax form, the mechanical design and physical construction are excellent and extremely well thought out. Controls are logical and convenient and the relatively compact carbon fiber re-enforced shell saves weight while without sacrificing structural rigidity.
The Contax 645 is truly a landmark professional camera. If you shoot medium format or want to shoot medium format it’s an excellent choice. You’ll find it’s one of the very best camera designs ever.
- Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- User’s Manual
“Like New Minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included.