Used Canon VIXIA HF M41 HD Camcorder
- 1920 x 1080i HD Recording
- 32GB Internal Flash Drive Memory
- 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slots
- 2.37MP 1/3″ CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ Touch Panel LCD
- 0.24″ Color Viewfinder
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens
- Dynamic SuperRange Optical IS
- Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- Microphone and Headphone Connections
Out of stock
The Canon VIXIA HF M41 Flash Memory Camcorder is a 1920 x 1080 high def cam with 32GB of internal memory. In addition to the built-in memory, the HF M41 also boasts 2 SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots. With this much space it’s possible to record up to 2TB of files to memory cards alone.
Whether you record to the internal memory or removable cards, the camera’s 1/3″ CMOS sensor and Canon’s DIGIC DV III image processor work together to provide stunningly detailed, life-like images that look great on your HDTV. Of course, these two don’t work alone; the HF M41 also employs a Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens, optical image stabilization, a 0.24″ color viewfinder, and a 3.0″ touch panel LCD, among other necessities.Designed with advanced use in mind, the camcorder also features headphone and microphone terminals. These connections make it possible to capture high quality audio to go along with your movies. In addition to using an external mic for audio, the HF M41 also features an enhanced internal microphone. You’ll have the choice of 4 different recording directions, including monaural, stereo, wide, and synced with zoom. This feature also allows for adjustment between low, mid-range, and high frequencies.For those times when you feel like letting the camera do the work, the HF M41 has a number of user-friendly shooting controls that make for uncomplicated shooting. Face detection, Instant AF, Smart Auto, and a bevy of others all take the guess work out of recording, allowing you to focus on enjoying the moment instead of worrying about settings. Other important features of the HF M41 include Photo Grab, for taking still images from already shot video, 24p and 30p frame modes for cinematic and Internet-friendly videos, along with Cinema-Look filters. A number of other options give you the tools necessary for capturing memories that will last a lifetime.
- Flash Memory
- The VIXIA HF M41 allows you to record up to 12 hours of clear high definition video to a 32GB internal flash drive or to two SDXC compatible memory cards. With Relay Recording, the camcorder automatically switches video recording from the internal drive to the next available SD memory card when the memory becomes full. No need then to worry about running out of recording time during a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime shot. With SDXC memory card compatibility, you’ll have card storage capacity from more than 32GB up to 2TB and ultra-fast data transfer speedsYou’ll also have the flexibility of copying video from your VIXIA HF M41’s internal drive to the removable SD memory cards. That makes it easy to insert the card into your computer or HDTV’s card reader and view your recorded footage immediately
The advantages of flash memory go beyond the added recording time. You’ll also appreciate the quick response time, because there are no moving parts in the recording process. Press the record button and your VIXIA HF M41 starts recording video faster than you’ve ever seen before. In addition, when you review, you’ll have quick access to your footage
- Low Power Consumption
- Another plus is the VIXIA HF M41’s low power consumption rate, allowing your battery to last longer. It’s just what you need so you don’t miss that pivotal play on the field or the moment when they say “I do”
- While we certainly hope you keep your VIXIA HF M41 securely in your hand while shooting, if it happens to slip, or you accidentally knock it against something, you’ll be happy to know that flash memory makes your camcorder more shock-resistant than other recording storage systems. It also minimizes the chance of data loss if you accidentally drop your camcorder
- Canon HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor
- Incorporating a proven technology in Canon’s professional level camcorders, HD CMOS Pro is a 1/3″ 2.07MP image sensor which delivers outstanding video resolution, superb low-light performance and a wide dynamic range. Unlike image sensors found in competitive consumer camcorders, HD CMOS Pro uses fewer pixels, which are significantly larger (61 percent) and more sensitive, resulting in optimized video performanceSince the effective number of pixels of HD CMOS Pro is equal to 1920 x 1080 (2.07MP), resizing is eliminated, allowing Full HD video to be captured and recorded with professional precision
Because each individual pixel is larger and more sensitive, each is capable of capturing more light, allowing high quality video to be achieved even in dimly lit conditions. The sensitivity of HD CMOS Pro is approximately 25% better than the HD CMOS sensor in the 2010 VIXIA HF S series
Using the wide dynamic range, a larger pixel area also allows more light to be stored, resulting in 280% improvement in dynamic range for exceptional reproduction of both highlights and shadows. Skin tones are captured in a finer gradation, and stable gamma and Auto Exposure control is also achieved resulting in a more ‘lifelike’ image
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens
- A Genuine Canon 10x HD video lens delivers unsurpassed image quality, and provides smooth and professional looking background images thanks to its sophisticated 6-blade iris effect. Combined with the Canon Exclusive HD CMOS Pro image sensor, it captures video with stunning resolution, superb low-light performance, and a wide dynamic range
- Canon’s DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- Canon’s DIGIC DV III Image Processor provides stunningly realistic color and sophisticated noise reduction for exceptional low-light performance. It is also the high-speed engine that powers a variety of Canon technologies including Smart Auto, Touch & Track, Genuine Canon Face Detection, and Cinema-Look Filters
- 24Mbps Recording
- You will also find that enhanced lifelike tone and detail are captured thanks to 24Mbps Recording, which offers the highest bit rate in AVCHD. The VIXIA HF M41 not only captures images in HD, but records and outputs at 1920 x 1080 as well, so you get HD from lens to screen
- Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with Powered IS
- The VIXIA HF M41 features Canon’s proprietary Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization which provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion. Extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted shaking which is common when walking. Together with the latest development, Powered IS, you’ll find an even higher level of compensation for subtle hand movement at the telephoto end of the zoom range. Powered IS can be engaged by pressing or holding the Powered IS button on the touch panel LCD
- Instant AF
- A critical objective when shooting in high definition is achieving the sharpest focus possible. The VIXIA HF M41 camcorder features Canon’s revolutionary Instant AF focusing system which offers a dramatic improvement in auto focus speed and accuracy, compared to traditional auto focus systems. The Instant AF feature uses an external sensor, in combination with Canon’s auto focus system, to help significantly decrease the time it takes to find focus, even in low light conditions. This system achieves focus instantaneously, reducing focus “hunting.” This is especially beneficial in high brightness or night shooting situations. In addition, with Instant AF it’s possible to capture fast, accurate focusing even when following a moving subject.To further enhance focusing capability, the VIXIA HF M41 also features Focus Assist. This helps in capturing your subject in razor-sharp focus. It works by providing a 2x magnification of your subject, which is automatically cancelled when you start recording. This is a feature normally found in professional broadcast-quality cameras
- 3.0″ Touch Panel LCD Screen
- See exceptional detail with a sharp 230,000 dot screen delivering brilliant color together with touch panel control for faster and easier menu navigation. You also have Touch & Track, which allows you to get precise focus and exposure on any subject – whether it’s people, pets, vehicles, or any moving object, by selecting your choice right on the Touch Panel LCD.You’ll also be able to use the Touch Panel for Touch Decoration. This feature lets you superimpose select decorations onto the images on your LCD and then records the images complete with the additions. You may add animation effects, hand written and stamp messages or insert a still image to give your video a truly individual look.
For your convenience, the VIXIA HF M41 is also equipped with a viewfinder for use in shooting when very bright outdoor light conditions may make it difficult to see the LCD display
- Smart Auto
- Smart Auto makes shooting great video easier than ever before. Using the power of Canon’s DIGIC DV III Image Processor, the VIXIA HF M41 intelligently detects and analyzes faces, brightness, color, distance, and movement, then automatically selects the best settings for the scene. Whether you are capturing a sunset, a day at the beach, or a fast-paced soccer game, Smart Auto delivers exceptional accuracy, raising your video to the next level
- Tele Macro
- Among the 38 scenes available in Smart Auto, a standout is Tele Macro. Tele Macro automatically zooms the lens of the camcorder to the telephoto end, setting the minimum object distance to approximately 1.3 feet (from 3.3 feet). This gives you the opportunity to shoot spectacular close-ups with the dramatic look of a shallow depth of field.
- Touch & Track
- Touch & Track delivers precise tracking of the focus and exposure on any subject – people, pets, vehicles – any moving object. Simply select your point of interest on the touch panel LCD, and you will have your subject in sharp focus, regardless of where in the frame it moves during the shot – and, the exposure will be perfectly adjusted for subject and conditions. Touch & Track is the default setting. You can also choose to adjust focus or exposure independently by turning off Touch & Track, and turning on Touch Focus or Touch ExposureTouch Focus allows the user to pinpoint a specific area to focus on. This function is similar to the Push AF feature found in professional camcorders, but can target a subject anywhere in the frame.
Touch Exposure enables exposure to be locked or compensated for the area touched by the user
- Genuine Canon Face Detection
- The same high quality Face Detection technology used in Canon digital cameras is available in the VIXIA HF M41 camcorder. Up to 35 faces can be tracked automatically, ensuring razor-sharp focus and natural, accurate exposure. Of the faces tracked, 9 detection frames can be displayed at one time.The system is in fact so smart that it will recognize faces turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature can be used to search for clips featuring that specific subject’s face. In search and playback, use of the Face Index will display frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. The selected face can be linked as a timeline to further identify footage containing that subject
- Advanced Video Snapshot
- Advanced Video Snapshot allows you to capture the highlights of a once-in-a-lifetime trip or a family milestone with the same ease as taking photos. Simply record a series of short video clips – or select your favorite clips while in playback mode – and blend in your favorite background music to create an exciting movie that will grab everyone’s attention. This version of Advanced Video Snapshot allows selectable recording time (2, 4, or 8 seconds). Additionally, audio from an external source such as an MP3 player can be played along with the Snapshot movie, and playback can be controlled from that source
- HD-to-SD Downconversion
- HD-to-SD Downconversion allows you to convert recorded high definition video to standard definition files while safely preserving the original HD video. These standard definition files make it even more convenient to edit or share video online. The video can be transferred to your computer via traditional methods – i.e. USB connection, card slot – or wirelessly to sharing sites with an Eye-Fi SD memory card
- Eye-Fi SD Memory Card
- The VIXIA HF M41 is compatible with the Eye-Fi SD Memory Card. It’s possible to wirelessly transfer your video and photos to your computer, or upload them directly to online sharing sites in a few simple steps. Insert an Eye-Fi SD Memory Card into the SD card slot on the camcorder, configure your computer to select the target site (e.g., Facebook, YouTube, Shutterfly, Flickr) and you’re ready to share your standard definition files with family, friends, and the world! 1
- Photo Grab
- The versatile VIXIA HF M41 even lets you capture a photo from an already recorded movie. While playing the movie in your camcorder, simply press the LCD to capture a 1920 x 1080 photo onto an SD card or to the internal memory. Additionally, the VIXIA HF M41 allows you to capture 30 photos from one second of video
- 24p & 30p Frame Modes
- 24p Cinema Mode enables all aspiring moviemakers to achieve a professional “film-look.” You can change the camcorder’s frame capture rate to 24p (recorded at 60i), which provides the appearance of the same frame rate as movie film. In addition, you can use the VIXIA HF M41’s Cine setting, which changes the color and tonal characteristics, evoking the look and feel of a movie shown in a theater. For added flexibility, these settings can be used together or independently.You would normally have to look to professional video cameras in order to have a sophisticated tool like 30p Progressive Mode at your command. In addition to the standard interlaced video frame rate of 60i, you may choose to set the VIXIA HF M41 to capture video in 30p, (30 progressive frames, recorded at 60i) which is particularly useful for footage to be used on the Internet. Excellent for action and sports shots, this setting gives enhanced quality to still images captured after recording
- Cinema-Look Filters
- Other cinematic looks can be had through the use of Cinema-Look Filters. This feature offers a choice of nine varied built-in adjustable filters which give the look of a variety of cinematic styles by compensating for the color, gamma and other aspects of the image’s quality. The looks can be previewed in the LCD display while shooting. Choose from:
- Cinema Standard: Tones down highlights slightly, boosts shadows slightly and adds warmth for a cinematic look
- Cool: Adds a bluish tint for cool, futuristic-looking scenes
- Dramatic B/W: Creates bold B/W movies with high contrast and grain
- Dream: Adds a magical look (soft focus) for dream-like scenes
- Memory: Adds a faded, misty look to create flashback scenes
- Nostalgic: Recreates the look of old ’70s TV programs
- Old Movie: Gives movies the aged look of old cinema
- Sepia: Uses a sepia tint for an antique, faded look
- Vivid: Accentuates primary colors for a bright, cheerful look
The brightness of each filter can be adjusted low, medium or high, for even greater control
- To maximize the usefulness and versatility of the VIXIA HF M41, you’ll find a range of terminals to extend the capabilities of your camcorder. A supplied HDMI cable offers easy, one-cable connectivity to your HDTV. The HDMI Terminal also supports CEC and x.v.Color.Through a menu selection, 1080i video is converted to 1080p and can be output through the camcorder’s HDMI terminal. The 1080p output offers smooth reproduction of fast action, such as sports.
The Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe allows you to attach optional Canon accessories, such as the VL-5 video light, DM-100 directional stereo microphone, RA-V1 remote control adapter, or SM-V1 5.1 channel surround microphone.
The built-in microphone terminal with manual audio level control and the headphone terminal provide exceptional audio flexibility.
Canon’s new optional WM-V1 wireless microphone allows you to record high-quality audio without a hard connection from up to 164 feet away (50m). This feature is, ideal for wedding or graduation ceremonies, documenting meetings and recitals
- The VIXIA HF M41 offers an enhanced internal microphone to capture high-quality audio. The microphone’s direction can be adjusted four different ways to match your needs and taste. Choose from:
- Monaural: Single point direction
- Normal (stereo)
- Wide: Provides a more enhanced, separated stereo effect than normal
- Synced with Zoom: Directionality is adjusted to match the zoom position
In addition, the frequency response characteristics of the microphone can be adjusted between low, mid-range and high frequencies.
- Normal: Provides a balance throughout all frequencies
- Low-range emphasis: Excellent for recording live music with impact
- Attenuate low frequencies: Reduces ambient noise and the sound of traffic outdoors, such as wind, cars, etc.
- Mid-range emphasis: Ideal for capturing people’s voices
- Low and high range emphasis: Record live music with balanced lows and highs
The Automatic Attenuator feature prevents high volume distortion and optimizes audio quality in situations when sound levels quickly change, such as when loud music plays in the background. It automatically keeps the audio clean and even.The built-in microphone terminal with manual audio level control and the headphone terminal provide exceptional audio flexibility.
Canon’s new optional WM-V1 wireless microphone allows you to record high-quality audio without wires from up to 164 feet away (50m), ideal for ceremonies and recitals.
For the ultimate home theater experience, 5.1 channel surround sound allows you to capture audio quality that matches the stunning realism of your high definition video. The sound is captured from all directions (five different pickup sensors) so your home movies will look and sound more lifelike than ever before.
- Optional SM-V1 5.1 channel surround microphone is required
- Compatible with Optional WP-V3 Waterproof Case
- Take full advantage of the brilliant clarity and drama of HD video in the beauty of the underwater world with your VIXIA HF M41 thanks to the optional Canon WP-V3 Waterproof Case. Compact, light and custom designed especially for the VIXIA HF M41, it is waterproof to 130ft (40m). It has direct control buttons for record start/stop, telephoto and wide zoom, photo capture and preview, to let you make the most of the VIXIA HF M41’s capability
- Story Creator
- Story Creator assists you in the process of creating an organized and sophisticated video. Choose one of five different themes – Travel, Kids & Pets, Party, Ceremony, and Blog – and the camcorder provides a list of suggested scenes to shoot. After capturing your video, Story Creator helps you categorize and rate your scenes, making it easy to review, select and playback your favorites
- Auto Gain Control Limit
- Auto Gain Control Limit allows you to set the maximum gain limit for the image sensor’s sensitivity. With this function, brightness and noise can be balanced as required, and image quality can be maximized in low light situations
- Intelligent Lithium-Ion Battery
- Intelligent lithium-ion battery accurately indicates remaining battery time down to the minute, so you won’t run out of power when you need it most
- 2 Batteries
- Battery Charger
- AV Cables
“like new minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included.