Used Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera
- Super 16mm Sized Image Sensor
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Records Full HD 1920×1080 CinemaDNG RAW
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 220 Mbps
- Portable Design (5″ Long and 12.5 oz)
- 3.5″ LCD Display with 800×480 Resolution
- Uses SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
- EN-EL20 Compatible Rechargeable Battery
- HDMI, LANC, 3.5mm Audio Input and Output
Out of stock
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design is a compact Super 16 format camera designed for digital film production. The Super 16 sized sensor has an effective resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is capable of capturing 13 stops of dynamic range. The Pocket Cinema Camera records Full HD video in either the lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) format. The active Micro Four Thirds lens mount can accommodate a growing range of MFT format lenses as well as a host of excellent legacy lenses via optional adapters. Blackmagic Design has packed all of these impressive features into a remarkably compact (5 x 2.6 x 1.5″) and lightweight (12.5 oz) magnesium alloy chassis.
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use an extensive range of lenses. With full electronic control of an MFT lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command. The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required. Moreover, the Super 16 size sensor is compatible with a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses.
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a film-like look with a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading. Plus, you get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite, which can be downloaded free from Blackmagic Design’s website, you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow.
- Record to SD Cards
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder that captures ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. SD cards are commonly available and can be formatted for either HFS+ or exFAT, making them compatible with either Mac OS X or Windows.
- CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera supports true open file formats, so you’re not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can’t handle.
- Portable Design
- Designed as an ultra compact, digital film camera the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD card recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need to buy expensive accessories.
- High Resolution Display
- The 3.5″, 800 x 480 resolution LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review files recorded on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time. Camera status displayed at the bottom of the screen shows record status, shutter angle, time lapse interval, aperture setting, ISO, battery level and record time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera even includes built-in metadata entry.
- SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder. With the fast read/write capabilities of SDXC and SDHC cards you can record digital film quality images to a memory card that is smaller than a postage stamp. The camera creates 12-bit lossless compressed CinemaDNG and 10-bit ProRes 422 (HQ) files that are way beyond broadcast standards. When using ProRes you can record for more than 50 minutes on a 64GB SD card at 24 frames per second.
- Removable EL-EN20 Compatible Battery
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a removable and rechargeable lithium ion battery, which provides up to an hour of continuous recording time. The Nikon EL-EN20 battery type is commonly available, so you can purchase multiple batteries if you need to shoot for longer periods. The battery charge time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes with the camera off. Plus, with a wide 12-20V power input range the camera can easily be powered and charged from larger professional camera batteries and other power sources.
- Professional Connections
- The connections on the side of the camera include a micro HDMI output with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that is compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones. A LANC control input is also included for remote operation, and you can power the camera and recharge the removable battery with the 12V DC input.
- Metadata Support
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can record metadata such as automatic camera data and user data like shot numbers, custom filenames and keywords. A four-way directional control pad allows users to navigate the menus and enter metadata.
- Mounting Options
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a 1/4″-20 UNC threaded mounting point on the top and bottom of the camera. This enables any number of support configurations, from mounting the camera on a tripod and attaching accessories to car mounts, pole mounts and practically any type of set-up you can imagine.
- Other Features
- The camera’s FOCUS button turns on and off the peaking focus assist feature, and the IRIS button automatically adjusts the iris setting when used with a compatible lens. Other features include focus peaking display and 1:1 scale display.
- 4 Batteries
- Battery Charger
“Like New Minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included. “Excellent Plus” – rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. Exceptionally nice, but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. Glass will be very clean. “Excellent” – 80 to 89 percent of original. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. Glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality. “Bargain” – items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. More than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. Glass may have marks or blemishes, but should not affect picture quality. “Ugly” – The look only a photographer would love. “UGLY” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. Glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality.