Article written by Brian Copeland, Assistant Manager at our Creve Coeur Location
Often people ask â€œWhy do I need a good tripodâ€?Â The better question is â€œWho doesnâ€™t need a good tripodâ€? A tripod is an essential accessory for every photographer from beginner to expert. There are so many uses for a tripod, Here are a few of them:
- If you want to be in the photo, a tripod is a must! You may use the cameraâ€™s self timer or a remote shutter release to get a great group photo or even a self portrait.
- Nighttime/Sunset/Sunrise shots are all greatly improved with the use of a tripod. When you adjust the exposure settings, the camera requires a lower shutter speed, which can magnify any vibration in the camera or lens. A tripod steadies your shot, greatly improving image quality.
- When you are trying to capture action, often panning is required to get the best shot. A tripod can make your life easier as you pan & steady for that perfect shot.
- Taking macro or close up shots often requires very precise small adjustments to camera position. Tripods make this simple by keeping your camera in the exact position it is placed, and removing guesswork.
- Tripods will eliminate or reduce the blur when using a telephoto(zoom) lens. The longer focal length of a telephoto lens magnifies vibration, which leads to a blurry image.
As if those reasons were not enough, tripods allow for creativity and flexibility in your photography. Most tripods are adjustable to allow a photo inches from the ground or even above your head. Tripods hold more than just a camera too. They can also hold camcorders, flashes and be used as a support for a reflector or umbrella. There are many models available and the choice of a tripod is an important one. Feel free to stop by and ask any of our sales associates to assist you in selecting a tripod that will perfectly fit your needs.
Click Here to check out our selection of tripods!