As we recap Photopalooza 2.0, we are so thankful for all of our customers who took time out of their busy schedule to join us in
this 2-day event that was packed full of classes and lectures!
We wanted to share this great blog with you,
courtesy of Sarah of Sweet Sarah Marie Photography!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
I was so excited to see Creve Coeur Camera offer another Photopalooza workshop after attending the one in July. I thought it might be a one time offering, or even a once a year workshop, but they put on another less than 4 months later! This time they also packed it with non-photography topics like running a business and social media, so for those who claim it is only for photographers- you are wrong! This event would be great for anyone who owns a business or has children or just enjoys to learn!
I attended three worshops:
- Business Portraits – On Site Studio with Tom Tussey
- Senior Photo Session – Laura Hicks(origionally it was supposed to be with Austin Pekarek)
- Lifestyle Portraits – Laura Hicks
I would have attended more (and the ones on Friday) if this fall season did have me booked.
Some suggestions for people who attend it next time:
- Make sure you sign up for the sessions early!
- Go with a friend. You will meet a ton of wonderful photographers but it is nice to go with someone you know. I would encourage you to go to different sessions and compare notes during breaks.
- Plan food options. There are a ton of local restaurants to check out.
- Take advantage of the great discounts that day. Go in with a list of items you are looking to buy and price things out while you are there. You might get a really great deal.
- Talk to the vendors there. Want to know what new products Nikon is putting out? More than likely a representative might be there to chat up.
- Bring a notebook. These sessions are top-notch and you will take in so much, so bring something to write down all of the tips they share.
- Network with your session leaders and other attendees. St. Louis is smaller than you think so go meet your fellow photographers and remember that #communityovercompetition is key!
If you attended photopalooza this year, tell me your favorite session in the comments.
We are so grateful for our many faithful customers and we are happy to host events like Photopalooza to help you gain more knowledge and networking experiences. Stay tuned for more events!
Sign up for our e-newsletter to hear about upcoming events first!