I’ve been shooting since the age of 11 and now 40 years later still love what I do! I’m able to enjoy my work and still continue to shoot and be involved with photography.
As the President of Creve Coeur Camera I see hundreds of manufacturer’s cameras yearly. Most compact cameras are just OK and don’t really get me excited. Annually, the manufactures even send me a few just because. Now today with the Micro 4/3rds and the APS size chips I’m seeing some better results.
Last year I played with one of the Olympus Pen cameras and enjoyed it. But as usual it was a little bigger than what I want (as a travel camera) and I had to carry 2 lenses.
So last week I was viewing the used case at our Creve Coeur location and I spotted a Fuji X10. It looked almost new. So I quickly snatched it up and started playing with it. Immediately I was impressed!
I shot a few images inside the house with the flash and some without.
They looked nice on the cameras screen…but when I looked on the computer….I got really impressed! Incredibly sharp and balanced.
Then on Saturday I took it to the transportation museum and the images got even better.
Here are some of the specs and then my 10 reasons to consider this camera:
- 12mp Cmos 2/3″ Chip – Very Sharp
- 4X Manual Zoom – Simple and fast zooming
- 2.8 – inch Monitor – Just Bright
- 12800 ISO – Very low noise
- F2.0 lens and great in low light!!!
- This camera is full of features including RAW/Jpeg settings.
- Plus it even shoots in 10 fps!
- It’s really small and light about 12 oz
- Movies are HD 1080 at 30/fps
- Shoots up to a 4000/second…WOW!
Stephen Weiss, President