Used Sony 85mm F1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* A-Mount S/AF
- Aperture Range: f/1.4-22
- For Sony Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Carl Zeiss T* (T-Star) Coating
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8′
- 9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Focus Mode Switch
- Focus Hold Button
- 0.13x Magnification
1 in stock
The 85mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* Prime Lens from Sony is a fast and bright lens with a wide-open maximum aperture of f/1.4. In conjunction with the Super SteadyShot image stabilization system of Sony Alpha DSLR cameras, this lens will provide excellent results even when hand-holding the camera in available light.
This Sony Alpha lens that has been designed for full-frame DSLRs, but is compatible with cropped APS-C image sensors. As a result its 85mm focal length becomes the 35mm equivalent of a longer 127.5mm telephoto lens. It is constructed of 8 elements in 7 groups, which all help to deliver sharp, clear photos throughout the zoom range.
It has a minimum focusing distance of 2.8′ and a front-end filter diameter of 72mm, as well as both a focus hold switch and auto clutch feature. These provide better control of focusing whether you use auto or manual focus modes.
Aperture Range: f/1.4-22
- With a maximum aperture of f/1.4, and minimum aperture of f/22, the high build quality of this lens means you can capture faster shutter speeds and a shallower depth of field than lenses with a higher maximum aperture.
For Sony Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony Alpha cameras, this lens becomes the 35mm equivalent of a 127.5mm lens when attached to smaller cropped APS-C cameras.
Carl Zeiss T* (T-Star) Coating
- This Carl Zeiss lens features T* (T-Star) coatings that reduce the lens flare, internal reflections and light scattering that can otherwise occur on the surface of the lens’ glass elements.
9x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Focus Mode & Focus Hold Switches
- This lens is made with a Focus Mode switch and Focus Hold button, which offer better focus control whenever you need it. Switch between auto or manual focusing for more speed or precision, then lock the focus to keep it right where you want it.
- Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
“like new minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included. “excellent plus” – rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. exceptionally nice, but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. glass will be very clean. “excellent” – 80 to 89 percent of original. shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality. “bargain” – items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. more than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. glass may have marks or blemishes, but should not affect picture quality. “ugly” – the look only a photographer would love. “ugly” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality.