Used Pentax K-r w/ 18-55
- 12.4 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- 3″ 921,000 Dot LCD with Live View
- 720p HD Video
- 11 Point SAFOX IX Autofocus System
- 6 FPS Frame Rate
- 100 to 25,600 ISO Range
- In-Camera HDR Image Capture
- IrSimple Infrared Data Transfer
- SDXC Compatible
Out of stock
The Pentax K-r Digital SLR Camera is that lightweight, mid-range 12.4MP digital SLR camera that also shoots dazzling 720p HD video that you’ve been looking for.
It’s got a few other things going for it, too–like a high resolution 3″ LCD display with 930,000 dots, up to 6 frames per second shooting speed, super-accurate 11-point autofocus system, sensitivity up to 25,600 ISO so you never miss a photo due to low light, shutter speeds up to 1/6000 second to freeze the action, and dual power options, either rechargeable Li-ion or easy-to-find AA batteries. The 18-55mm lens provides very wide-angle to normal views that will cover a surprisingly wide range of photo opportunities.
Wait! That’s not all: the K-r has an efficient dust removal mechanism that automatically shakes dust off the CMOS sensor, a custom image function for applying one of nine creative modes (such as Bleach Bypass, a dramatic effect used in movies) to any particular image you wish, a digital filter function with a choice of 18 filters to process images without a computer (including Starburst, Sketch, High Contrast, Fisheye, Toy Camera, Posterization, Retro, etc.), an upgraded HDR (High Dynamic Range) function to create a superb image in difficult lighting situations (by combining 3 different exposures of the same scene) even when not using a tripod, and 3 different cross processing options to create dramatically different colors. It even has a high-speed infrared data transmission system–the first in a Pentax camera.
- High quality 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor captures detailed images with high color accuracy and low noise.
- Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution for responsive Live View and detailed image/video review.
- Compact and lightweight body is exceptionally comfortable to use, and highly portable.
- Powerful automatic shooting modes, such as Auto Picture mode and various scene modes, take the guesswork out of taking great pictures.
- Fast 6 FPS frame rate captures quick action in dynamic environments.
- Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX autofocus system includes a dedicated AF assist lamp.
- High sensitivity 100-25600 ISO range features improved noise performance for high quality image capture even in extremely challenging lighting.
- Li-Ion battery compatibility can also be adapted to use AA batteries providing the ultimate flexibility for both field use and travel.
- Capture widescreen HD video with sound at 720p and 25 FPS, using any PENTAX lens.
- A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed freezes fast action without subject movement blur.
- A viewfinder focus point indicator confirms the area of focus in an image.
- Improved in-camera HDR image capture features a Night Scene HDR mode, more blending options, and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
- A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer’s artistic expression.
- Infrared data transfer (IrSimple) includes file transfer and a unique camera-to-camera image comparison mode.
- SDXC memory card compatibility (via firmware update).
- 2 Batteries
- Battery Charger
- Neck Strap
“Like New Minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included. “Excellent Plus” – rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. Exceptionally nice, but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. Glass will be very clean. “Excellent” – 80 to 89 percent of original. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. Glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality. “Bargain” – items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. More than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. Glass may have marks or blemishes, but should not affect picture quality. “Ugly” – The look only a photographer would love. “UGLY” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. Glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality.