Used Canon 17-40mm F4L USM EF C/AF
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/4-22
- Three Aspherical Elements, One Super UD
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- Manual Focus Override
- Water and Dust Resistant
- Internal Zooming and Focusing
- Truly Circular Diaphragm
- 77mm Front Filter Diameter
- Rear Holder for Three Gel Filters
1 in stock
The EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens from Canon is a high quality “L” series wide angle zoom lens for full frame and APS-C size DSLR cameras. It combines one high-precision molded glass aspherical element and two replica aspherical lenses to achieve the extended zoom range, while also correcting for common aberrations that arise during zooming. A Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes the chromatic aberration of magnification which tends to occur with wide-angle lenses, to help eliminate color bleed along the edges of the subject and achieve high image contrast and resolution.
The lens’ minimum focusing distance is just 11″ (28cm) throughout its entire range of focal lengths, which makes it very useful for close-up work. All of the focusing and zooming action is done internally, with no changes in the size of the lens. Its ultrasonic autofocus motor enables smooth and silent autofocus action and manual focus override in One Shot AF mode allows precise manual focusing without switching into MF mode.
It only uses lead-free optics to help the environment, and features a circular diaphragm for improved background blur. The housing is water and dust resistant to help ensure reliable performance for both professionals and enthusiasts. Like many “L” lenses, it uses 77mm filters, but also has a rear gelatin filter slot behind the lens mount that can hold three gel filters.
This lens is a Canon ‘EF’ series lens, indicating it is for use with full-frame cameras. However, it also works with APS-C format DSLRs and offers a 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-64mm, making it an ideal medium-aperture standard zoom lens.
- A super wide-angle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR and 35mm film cameras that offers a 27-64mm focal length equivalent when used on APS-c size sensors.
- Uses three aspherical lens elements and Canon Super UD ultra-low dispersion glass for reduced aberrations and overall sharp, high contrast imaging
- An ultrasonic autofocus motor provides fast, smooth and quiet AF action, particularly important when shooting video.
- Manual focus override enables precise manual focusing even when in One Shot AF mode.
- Internal zooming and focusing systems
- As a Canon “L” series lens it provides professional levels of moisture and dust resistance.
- Circular aperture diaphragm for better, more natural looking background blurring
- Accepts 77mm filters, as well as gelatin filters at the rear of the lens.
- Lens Caps
“like new minus” – the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included. “excellent plus” – rates 90 to 96 percent of original condition. exceptionally nice, but may have slight wear on finish visible only under close inspection. glass will be very clean. “excellent” – 80 to 89 percent of original. shows moderate wear for the age of the item, with the possibility of small dings or blemishes. glass may have slight blemishes but will not affect picture quality. “bargain” – items are 70 to 79 percent of original condition. more than average wear for the age of the item, and may have dents, dings or finish loss. glass may have marks or blemishes, but should not affect picture quality. “ugly” – the look only a photographer would love. “ugly” means equipment is rough, with multiple impressions in metal, excessive finish loss and brassing. glass will have marks, fungus and/or haze which will affect picture quality.